The oustanding Curriculum at Carroll College provides opportunities for excellence in education by:
- teaching and fostering Christian ideals
- a commitment to quality teaching and learning
- catering for all different learning styles and development stages
- developing the skills, processes and abilities needed for life-long learning
- ensuring that subject matter, resources and technology in all Key Learning Areas are relevant, contemporary, inclusive and accessible
- empowering students to take responsibility for their own choices, decisions and learning
- developing students' literacy, numeracy and cultural awareness
- encouraging critical thinking, innovation and the challenging of assumptions
- emphasising the importance of physical fitness
- providing opportunities for the development of creative talents
- building students' self-esteem and confidence through the celebration of success
- increasing students' awareness of the world and their
place in it
Quality Teaching and Learning
Carroll College is a centre of academic excellence. Our Vision calls us to personal excellence, and we seek to foster spiritual, academic and personal growth leading to the development of life-long learners.
Our Quality Teaching and Learning initiative promotes excellence. Our focus is on the needs of individual learners and the creation of the optimal learning environment for each of our students. We put thinking and learning at the centre of our curriculum and explicitly teach thinking and learning skills. Students are immersed in the processes of learning so that learning becomes a valued, integral part of being a whole person.
Our focus on social justice calls us to recognise differences and cater to individual needs. We have a differentiated curriculum which provides educationally appropriate challenges to all students. Our professional and dedicated staff create flexible programs of learning that cater for differences in the learning styles of our students.
At Carroll College we provide students with the tools for organised thought so that a deeper understanding of content is achieved. We have a focus on thinking and learning and present students with tools such as De Bono Six Hat Thinking, Blooms Taxonomy and graphic organisers to help the students deepen their understanding of the world. The use of these tools allows students to express their broad understanding of content and develop their thinking skills.
We seek to develop higher order thinking skills so that students can achieve personal excellence in formal examinations.
Carroll College staff remain current with developments in educational research through an intensive program of Professional Development. We target external and internal expertise to provide ongoing learning opportunities for our students.
Technology is an integral part of the modern world and allows learning opportunities previously unavailable. Our student-to-computer ratio is one of the best in New South Wales and digital technologies are embedded into our teaching and learning programs. Computers allow a student-centred approach to learning as students are able to explore learning opportunities and research at their own pace. Students also use digital audio-visual equipment for presentations and creative activities. We currently have 12 Interactive Whiteboards installed in our classrooms and 1 portable Interactive Whiteboard enabling teachers and students to use the equipment for presentations and creative classroom activities.
Our Quality Teaching and Learning initiative enhances the learning experience at Carroll College. We provide a range of educational opportunities to improve the educational outcomes of our graduates, enabling greater choice upon entering the workforce or tertiary education. We allow students to develop a love of learning as we live by our motto: Learning for Life.